April 10, 2011

LEGO WESTMINSTER ABBEY AND ROYAL WEDDING





I was commissioned by LEGO through their UK PR Agency to photograph an amazing LEGO model of Westminster Abbey for a press story to co-inside with the Wedding of Prince William & Kate Middleton at Westminster Abbey at the end of April. I even used my two boys as models for the photos.

I was always very confident that this would make the majority of the national newspapers & magazines in the UK as well as abroad, but Unfortunately, due to the timing of of their press release there had already been a similar press story done by LEGO LAND in Windsor, and even though I feel my pictures and the models were so much better than the one they did, the papers spiked it as they obviously felt this angle had already been covered.http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

I was absolutely gutted when I found out. Still, it was good enough for other papers all round the world to use it - My photos and children were published in Thailand, Canada, the USA, Australia, Thailand and Pakistan.

Links...

Daily Blipfoto

Bangkok Post

Rex Features

Telegraph

Scarborough Evening News

No comments:

Post a Comment